ConservativeTM is my personal blog on a variety of conservative political issues.

Please contact me at ConservativeTM@hotmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

36. A Liberal Definition


I have been trying to define and understand liberals for years now with only minimal success.  My first take is that they sound like children.  “But that’s not fair!” they constantly cry.  Who says something like that?  The only ones I can think of are eight year old school girls, certainly not adults. An adult knows that many things in life are not fair.  An even more mature adult knows that life has a way of balancing unfairness out, especially if one takes responsibility for one’s own life and actions. 

But my latest take on liberals is that they sound like women with battered wife/girlfriend syndrome.  Listen how they fawn over Obama and Clinton before him.  “He’s sorry, I know he really cares, he promises not to do it again!”  No wonder the campaign strategy of “Hope and Change” worked so well.  It says nothing and the meaning changes from person to person.  But it’s like that empty promise “He says he loves me and I know he’ll change”  Then BAM – the woman gets smacked around again and before she can file a law suit or think about voting for someone else the next time – the words flow fast and easy and before you know it we are back to “He loves me, he really loves me! He promises to be better and do better.  Plus he brought me flowers!”  Sort of makes you think of Obama giving out free phones.  “I promise to actually do something for the black community in my next term.  Just give me one more chance!” he pleads. 

But like a child or a battered wife, there is no reasoning with a liberal.  Facts are dismissed with, “I just don’t believe that,” “That can’t be true,” “But he promises….”

One of my favorite adages is “Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” 

Same thing.  As conservatives, we just need to be patient.  Liberals will slowly eliminate themselves through abortion and listening to the government’s recommendations on health and diet. 

No comments: