ConservativeTM is my personal blog on a variety of conservative political issues.

Please contact me at ConservativeTM@hotmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Monday, August 20, 2007

2. Thank You, Whoopi Goldberg

Dear Whoopi Goldberg,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You’ve taken a huge load off of my shoulders. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me. You see, I’m not able to understand the logic behind the views of most liberals. Now, I’m no genius, but I’m no idiot either. Liberalism is the political persuasion of the vast majority of college and university professors yet when I listen to liberals justifying their position on issues, I simply can’t follow their logic. With so many self-proclaimed intellectuals holding such views, I figured that something must be wrong with me that I still see the conservative approach as the most effective and rational.

But last week you changed everything for me. You were good enough to be interviewed by “The O’Reilly Factor.” During the interview, Bill told you that his staff had tried to get an opinion from Tim Robbins regarding the war in Iraq. One concern in pulling out of Iraq too early (well, at least a concern of mine and many fellow conservatives) is that Iran, seeing the weakness in Iraq, will immediately invade the country and slaughter millions of Iraqis as well as take control of their oil resources. This would be similar to what happened when the US pulled out Vietnam. The North Vietnamese and the Khmer Rouge slaughtered over 3 million Southeast Asians. When asked “Listen, what about Iran? If we get out of Iraq and they come down and they cause trouble what do you do?” Tim Robbins replied to the reporter, “Why don’t you enlist.”

Now Whoopi, before watching your interview, this would have puzzled me. Tim’s answer just didn’t make any sense to me. But you seemed to sum up the left for me when you said, “… when I take a stance on something, all I can talk to you about is how I feel about it and why. And I don’t have to justify it.”

So it’s simply how we all feel that should set policy. That would explain why logic, facts, science, and empirical data are irrelevant to liberals. Only feelings count. That also explains why whenever I ask a liberal to back-up or support his or her opinion on Iraq, or Bush, Cheney and Reagan, they are almost never able to give me any hard facts. They don’t need to in their minds, because their minds are not even part of the equation – only their feelings and their emotions are what matter.

So Whoopi, thanks for clearing this up for me. One last thing though. I mean, I hate to cloud the issue, but maybe President Bush simply felt that invading Iraq was the right thing to do. Aren’t his feelings alone reason for the action? I mean, didn’t you just say that you don’t have to justify your opinions? If you don’t, why should anyone else? You have a podium, a microphone, and you get air time whenever you want. In fact, you will be the new co-host for ABCs “The View.” You will have the opportunity to influence people throughout the United States. But you still see no need to justify your opinions – how you feel is all that matters. If this is the case, why does the left continue to call Bush such terms as “stupid” and “an idiot?” If feelings and emotions should drive national policy why should anyone be attacked for their intellect or lack thereof?

Oh no – I’m confused again. Whoopi – help me!! I need you back on “The O’Reilly Factor!!”

Sincerely,

ConservativeTM

No comments: